Answering Your Invisalign FAQsWe tend to hear a lot of the same questions about Invisalign, so it’s time for an Invisalign FAQ session!
1. Why Do I Need Invisalign?Invisalign is an orthodontic solution for individuals with teeth crowding or other dental alignment issues who want a different approach to the standard brackets and wires.
2. How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?This is one of our most common Invisalign FAQs. Each treatment time varies from 12 to 18 months. Still, the length of your treatment will depend on the complexity of the alignment problems being corrected and the patient’s diligence in wearing their aligners as directed. Some patients can complete their treatment in as little as six months. As long as you wear your aligners, you’ll start seeing results in a matter of weeks. So, make sure you’re wearing yours!
3. Does Invisalign Hurt?No, it does not hurt. Although the first few days of each stage of your Invisalign treatment, you may feel minor discomfort and soreness as your teeth get used to the extra pressure. This sensitivity is perfectly normal and a really good sign that the aligners are doing their job.
4. Will Invisalign Affect My Speech?In the beginning, most patients experience a very slight lisp that disappears within a couple of days. The best thing to do is to wear the aligners while talking to adjust your speech more quickly.
5. How Do I Keep The Aligners Clean?It is essential to clean your Invisalign trays each time you brush your teeth. It only takes a couple of minutes each time by utilizing the following approaches:
- Immersing aligners in denture or retainer cleaning solution
- Gently brushing aligners with toothpaste
- Soaking in Invisalign cleansing crystals