Protecting Your Teeth During Orthodontic Treatment
Why Do You Need To Protect Your Teeth During Orthodontics?Have you ever seen someone with a straight post-braces smile who also has distracting white spots marring the beautiful result? This is called decalcification, and it can result from acids and plaque sitting on teeth too long during orthodontic treatment. Here at Holmes Orthodontics, we know how important your smile is, which is why we have something that helps with decalcification.
Opal Seal Protects Teeth From DecalcificationOpal Seal is a sealant and primer in one. It helps us prime your teeth for brackets to keep them firmly in place. At the same time, it acts as a seal to protect your teeth from decalcification and decay. Opal Seal also reinforces your enamel by releasing fluoride. It lasts several months and can be reapplied when necessary. Opal Seal is good for patients of all ages and comes with a variety of benefits:
- Application is totally pain free
- Completely discreet protection and invisible to the naked eye
- Non-yellowing and stain resistant
- The drying agent seeks out moisture and draws resin in, ensuring superior bonding and fluoride uptake
- Fluorescent properties make reapplication and removal easy and convenient.
- When combined with proper oral hygiene, Opal Seal helps you keep a bright and healthy smile.