IMPORTANT PATIENT APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
In order to be seen in orthodontic offices, the WV Board of Dentistry and our state government have recommended that we follow certain steps to maintain safety.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of being sick within 72 hours of your appointment, call our office and reschedule. This includes fever, aches, chills, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, etc. We ask that you report to your next appointment with a parent/legal guardian. Please make sure to wear a mask to your appointment.
- 1. The morning of your scheduled appointment, you will receive a text from our office with a link to fill out digital forms. These forms should be completed by a parent or legal guardian prior to your appointment. It is important to know that we are not able to check the patient in without completed forms **If you have previously unsubscribed to our text, please text UNSTOP to 304-343-3672**
- 2. Brush and floss your teeth before leaving home for your appointment. Our brushing stations are currently closed.
- 3. Upon arrival, please respond to the text with the patient’s name and office location to check-in. We are asking that you remain in your car until we let you know it’s time for your appointment.
- 4. Once we receive this text, we will check the patient in.
- 5. When it is time for the patient’s appointment, we will send you a text letting you know to send the patient in.
- 6. The clinician will meet the patient at the front desk to get their temperature and escort them to their chair.
- 7. For patients in treatment, we ask that a parent/legal guardian and/or family member wait in the car. For patients that have a consultation or financial contract, we ask that one parent/legal guardian accompany them into the office.
- 8. Following the appointment, the clinician will walk the patient out to your car and update you regarding what took place at their appointment and when their next appointment is. If that appointment date or time does not work for you, please call our office to reschedule. The clinicians will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
*Please know that forms will need to be completed at each appointment.
*Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this process. We know our office looks a little different now, but the one thing that has not changed is that our team is passionate and committed to providing our community with the highest quality care and the best experience possible.
*Please keep in mind that these new procedures are to comply with the recommendations of our state and national authorities to keep our patients safe. We have even modified our facility to ensure the safest possible environment. These measures are subject to change as the situation continues to change. Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you soon!