A Thorough Cleaning To Get Your Dental Health Back On Track
How Holmes Orthodontics Helps Combat Gum DiseaseHave you been diagnosed with gum disease? Don’t be concerned. We can help. With thoughtful treatment and careful maintenance, we can correct the problem and protect your healthy smile. Depending on your individual condition and needs, Dr. Holmes may recommend a treatment that’s known by several different names. It’s sometimes called root planing and scaling, periodontal cleaning, or “deep cleaning.”
- A bacterial infection has become too engrained to be remedied by a routine cleaning.
- Plaque has solidified into calculus deposits that are sitting under the surface of your gums, continuing to irritate the gums and spread infection.
- Removing the calculus from below the gumline using special tools.
- Smoothing the root surfaces to be sure plaque can’t get traction there.
- Once the plaque and calculus are removed, your gums can finally heal.